Saturday, January 16, 2016

Baptized in Blessings

My new blog -- Shelter: Postmarked


Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.


When you ask our oldest grandson, Ethan, what he wants for a gift, he will answer, “money.” At Christmas his answer was, “cold, hard cash.” So in order to fulfill his wish, I put his money gift in the freezer and created a treasure hunt to get him there. I had to come up with another idea quickly, because his birthday is January 8th. I bought him an umbrella and sewed dollar bills to the inside. When he opened it, it “rained” cash.

I’ve had some rained “cash” from God these first few weeks of 2016. Rain in the form of blessings. Ethan knows he’s getting money if that’s what he asks for – he just doesn’t know how it will be gifted. I know when I ask God for help, encouragement, or any need, He will answer. I just don’t know the vehicle for the blessings. 



My blessings have been raining from text messages, emails, mail, and friends. I’m overwhelmed, blessed, and humbled that the God of the universe sees me. He not only sees me, He blesses me with daily blessings. Some answers are needs, but my Heavenly Father takes many of my “wishes” and baptizes me with additional blessings.

Today I’m cozy, out of the cold. Yes, it’s a cold in Indiana day, but despite the freezing temperatures outdoors, I’m warm in my soul. It’s like the Holy Spirit tucked a blanket around my heart and rained down joy upon my head. I asked. He surprised me with the answers.

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I too have started 2016 blessed beyond measure -- mostly inside my heart where no one sees, but some "outside" extras as well!

Terra said...

You found two clever ways to gift cold hard cash to your grandson, and we all receive many blessings.

Renee said...

Love this....one of our grandson's likes cold hard cash....think I will try one of your creative ways to present the gifts. The Holy Spirit raining down on you...wonderful!!

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Such joy to read your blog and your son, well he got what he wanted :)

Sharon said...

"I just don't know the vehicle for the blessings."

Oh, I just loved that! But I tell you what, we must do the work of preparing our hearts for them, and to make sure that our eyes are looking for them! This is what focusing on my word - grateful - is beginning to do in my life. Opening my eyes to the blessings that come - big and small - every day.

GOD BLESS!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a fun way to "shower" your grandson with a birthday present! And such a sweet gentle truth too... we ask the Lord for something, and expect it a certain way, but almost always it comes in a form we were not expecting! I certainly had that experience this past week, and I have always said that walking with the Lord is an adventure, and not just a walk in the park, lol! So happy to have met you, and look forward to visiting with you more :)

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hmm... I don't know if my comment went through or not, but didn't see it here when I came back. I hope it did :) Anyway, enjoyed your post, and look forward to getting to know you better!!